Terms & Conditions
1. About us
This website www.striderbike.co.uk is owned and operated by:
Learning Early Ltd
9 Farm Walk
VAT number 154206142
Registered in England 9406785
Tel: 01926 339107
If you need to contact us please use the details above.
2. Make a Contract with us
- 2.1 When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an en
- that we have received your order and that sets up a contract between us
- 2.2 Images of products on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may vary slightly from the image shown on the website and will not include any of the pictured accessories, unless stated in the specification of the goods. Whilst goods may be shown assembled they may require assembly by you.
- 2.3 We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
- 2.4 Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
- 2.5 This contract is covered by English law.
3. How to place order
- 3.1 You can use our website to place an order by selecting the product you wish to buy and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed from your basket at any time. If you prefer to order by telephone you can do so by calling 01926 339107 Monday to Friday (leave a message at weekends & we can call you back).
- 3.2 Carriage charges will be shown prior to you placing your order.
- 3.3 You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
- 3.4 We use secure payment facilities for online purchases. You can pay for your order by Visa, Mastercard or Delta/Connect.
- 3.5 Promotional prices only apply during the period stated.
- 3.6 All prices quoted on our website are in UK pounds and include Value Added Tax at the current rate.
- 3.7 Once your order has been confirmed, changes may not be possible or may incur additional charges or delays.
- 3.8 Once your order is complete we will dispatch ASAP
4. Faulty Goods / Guarantee
- 4.1 If there is a problem with the goods, please notify us by email or in writing providing details of the problem. Its helpful if you can provide us with a digital photograph of the problem as this normally saves you having to return the goods for inspection. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
- 4.2 All goods are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty against faulty workmanship and materials, subject to the terms and conditions of that warranty.
- 4.3 The manufacturer’s warranty is provided in addition to the rights that the law says you have as a consumer and accordingly, your statutory rights are not affected.
- 4.4 If an exchange is necessary, this will be arranged without unreasonable delay and without charge. Replacement goods will not be dispatched until the original goods have been received at our warehouse and checked unless agreed with a director of the company
The cost of returning goods to us is your responsibility, however on inspection we will refund your reasonable postage costs, providing that the goods are found to be faulty. If the goods are not faulty, we will return them to you, however you will be required to cover our reasonable postage costs.
- 5.1 The products sold on this website have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside the uk.
- 5.2 We do not accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses.
6. Trade or Business Customers
The following conditions apply to orders placed by Trade or Business Customers.
- 6.1 Orders may not be cancelled except with our mutual agreement and having been confirmed in writing by a Director of our company. We reserve the right to make cancellation and/or re stocking charges.
- 6.2 Claims for missing or damaged items must be made within 2 days of delivery.
Events are run for customers of Strider only. No other bike will be admitted. It is clear on all entry forms that this is the case, so if you arrive with another brand you will be turned away.
You are eligible for a full refund (minus a £1 administration fee ) within the 14 days cooling off period from the day of booking. The cooling-off period does not apply where a booking is made within 14 days of the event date. Any withdrawals after the 14 days cooling off period may only be eligible for a partial refund.
If you wish to cancel a booking. Please note the following conditions:
Cancellation requests with 28 days or more notice will be entitled to a full refund, minus a £1 administration fee. Transfer requests with 28 days or less notice are not applicable. Please note you may not transfer your entry with another rider without our permission. The above policies are not dependant on circumstances and are final. Please email Karen@Striderbike.co.uk and note we will not deal with any entry transfers over the phone, by text or through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Inform us of your full name, age group racing and which rounds of the Strider Cup we are dealing with.
Event Cancellation by you
29 days plus - Full refund available minus £1 administration fee.
28 days notice: 50% of the paid entry fee per race cancelled minus £1 administration fee.
7 days or less, no refunds or transfers. The above policies are not dependant on circumstances and are final. We appreciate kids have off days and last minute illness but unfortunately we still need to staff, purchase medals and trophies and run the event.
Force Majeure: If the Strider Cup is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under the entry agreement by reasons of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, breakdowns, government or political action, interruption of transport, acts of war or terrorism, acts of omissions by a third party for any other reasons whatsoever outside of Strider's control, then the Striders will be under no liability whatsoever to you and may as its option, cancel the event. If a Strider Cup event is cancelled we will not be liable for costs of travel fares, hotels, or any other expenses that may be incurred.
It is your responsibility to ensure the race is going ahead before travelling. We will do our best to inform you if the race has to be cancelled but we do not accept liability if we are unable to contact you. We strongly advise that you check before making travel and accommodation arrangements.
If the event is cancelled or the course is shortened, we are unable to refund or part refund any entry fee, we are also unable to transfer your entry to another event.
Please follow the Strider Cup Series on Facebook to ensure you are kept up to date by clicking HERE.
By entering the Strider Cup event you understand and agree that you participate in this race entirely at your own risk, that you must rely on your own ability in dealing with all hazards and that you must ride in a manner which is safe for yourself and all others. You agree that no liability whatsoever shall be attached to the promoter, promoting club, meeting sponsor(s),or any official or member of Strider or member of the promoting club in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by you in or by reason of the race, however, caused.